These general conditions apply to reservations processed through the website http://restaurantecanquet.com (hereinafter the “Website”) and constitute a contract between you (hereinafter “the Client”) and:
HOTEL EXPLOITATIONS ES MOLI, S.A. (hereinafter CAN QUET RESTAURANT)
Address: Carretera Valldemossa-Deiá s/n, 07179 Deiá, Illes Balears, Spain.
Phone: +34 971 639 196
Information and reservations: email@example.com
These general conditions are subject to the provisions of Law 7/1998, of the 13th of April on General Contracting Conditions, the Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of the 16th of November, approving the revised text of the General Law for the Defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, Law 34/2002, of the 11th of July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, as well as all applicable tourism regulations and, alternatively, the Civil Code and the Commercial Code.
The formalization of reservations through the website are subject to the following clauses:
1. Manifestations: The Client manifests:
- a) that they are of legal age and have full capacity to formalize the reservation, stating that they understand all the conditions found on the Web.
- b) that the data provided when formalizing the reservation is true and complete.
- c) that they confirm the reservation requested and especially the dates indicated and the number of people.
2. Access to the website: Accessing this website is the Client’s responsibility.
3.1. The reservation includes the detailed services according to the rate conditions stipulated in the page where the reservation is requested or formalised. These conditions, together with the present general conditions must be accepted by you before formalising the reservation. The contract may be validly formalised in Spanish and in the other languages available on the website. In the event of discrepancy between the translated versions of these conditions, the Spanish version will prevail.
3.2. The Client accepts that CAN QUET RESTAURANT does not assume any obligation or responsibility with regard to the services that it does not provide directly, and in particular with respect to the lack of veracity, incompleteness, lack of updating and/or imprecision of the data or information on offers, prices, characteristics and any other relevant data and information about products or services by external suppliers that are announced or could be reserved through the website. Moreover, CAN QUET RESTAURANT is exonerated from any responsibility derived from the non-compliance or defective fulfilment of the obligations derived from the contractual obligations by such suppliers or from the regulations in force.
3.3. Online reservations: The process of formalising online reservations follows these steps:
Step 1. Reservation information: details of the reservation.
Step 2. Personal data and acceptance of the legal conditions.
Step 3. Confirmation and payment.
Once the reservation has been made, a confirmation will be sent via e-mail to the contact address provided by the Client.
Unless otherwise stipulated in the rate conditions, the reservation is not considered secure until payment or the stipulated deposit is made.
3.4. Reservations on request: For services that can only be reserved on request, unless otherwise stipulated in the rate conditions, the mere request for availability will not imply contracting the reservation, as it is subject to compliance with the requirements indicated on the page where your request is made, as well as its effective confirmation by CAN QUET RESTAURANT.
3.5. During each step of the reservation, eventual errors when introducing the data can be corrected using your browser’s “back” button. Moreover, the data of the reservation will be recapitulated in the confirmation e-mail. In the event of detecting possible errors, users should immediately request the appropriate corrections from CAN QUET RESTAURANT, by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Price and payment: No kind of charge will be made to carry out the reservation. The invoice corresponding to the reservation will be paid directly in the establishment, either in cash, with credit card or in any other way accepted by the establishment.
5. Cancellation of reservations: If you wish to cancel your reservation, click on Cancel reservation in the confirmation e-mail.
6. Right of withdrawal: For the purposes of the provisions in Article 97.1.i) RDL 1/2007, you are informed that, in accordance with the provisions in Article 103 l) of the aforementioned Royal Decree Law, you do not have the right of withdrawal.
7. Nullity of the clauses: If one or more of the clauses included in these general conditions were to be declared totally or partially null and void or ineffective, this shall only affect said provision or the part so declared, the general conditions remaining.
8. Acceptance: The request and the formalisation of the reservation necessarily imply that each and every one of the present general conditions, considered as an integral part of the reservation and completed with the rate conditions and the specific applicable legislation, are expressly accepted by you.
9. Applicable law and competent jurisdiction: This contract shall be governed by Spanish law with the exclusion of its conflict of law rules. Without prejudice to the rights recognised to consumers in matters of jurisdictional competence by Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of the 16th of November, any controversy that may arise from the use of the website or the services linked to the same will be submitted to the jurisdiction and competence of the competent Courts and Tribunals attending to the CAN QUET RESTAURANT address, the Client expressly renouncing his own jurisdiction if he had one.
Version 1.0 – April 2019